Stage II Watering Restrictions
February 24, 2017
STAGE II WATER RESTRICTIONS
- Irrigation of landscaped - with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems shall be limited to: Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a mailing address ending in and even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8); and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a mailing address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9). Irrigation of landscaped is prohibited between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. on all 7 days of the week. However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at any time if it is by hand-held hose.
- Washing motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designate watering days. This washing shall be done with a bucket and hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited except on designated watering days, but prohibited between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a re-circulation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare.
- All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to its patrons except when requested.
The following uses of water are defined ad non-essential and are prohibited:
- wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas;
- use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection;
- use of water for dust control;
- flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street;
- failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period
Violations and Penalties
First Violation: The customer/member will be given written notice of their specific violation and their need to comply with the tariff rules. The notice will include a list of penalties to be assessed for continued violations.
Second Violation: The member/customer will be assessed a $50 penalty for this violation.
Third Violation: The member/customer will be assessed a $75 penalty for this violation.
Fourth Violation: The member/Customer will be assessed a $100 penalty and the Corporation personnel will install a flow restrictor at the member’s meter. The member will be charged an additional $50 for the installation plus the cost of the flow restrictor.
Subsequent Violations: The member will be assessed a $125 penalty.