Listed below, you will find S S Water Corporation's current rates and policies. If you do not find the information you need, please contact our office and we will provide it for you.
Please note S S Water is in Mandatory Water Restrictions. For details, please see Stage II Drought Restrictions listed below for your convenience.
Standard Residential Service Rates
|Monthly Minimum: 2,000 Gallons
Water Included w/ Minimum Bill:
|Tier (gal.):||$/1,000 gal.:|
Bills are always due on the 10th of each month. If a bill is not paid by the 10th of each month, the account becomes delinquent.
- In the event that the 10th of the month falls on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, payments will be accepted until 5 PM on the next business day and will not be considered delinquent.
- Any payments left in the night deposite box after 5 PM on the 10th will be subject to late fees.
- A cut-off notice will then be generated and mailed after the 10th, indicating the cut-off day. The cutoff day each month is scheduled for the 23rd unless the 23rd falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or on or the day preceeding a holiday, then cutoff day will be moved to the business day.
- If payment in full has not been received in the office by 7:00 AM on cuttoff morning, your account will be placed on the cutoff list.
- Once the technician arrives at your location and physically locks your meter, a $ 50 Administrative Reset Fee will be added to the account. This fee is the expense of two service calls to lock and unlock the account.
- The meter will be locked and services will not be restored until both the delinquent bill and $50 fee is paid.
- NSF or returned check charge is $ 35.00.
- Meter readings are taken in sequential route order starting around the first of each month.
Avoid Penalties -Billing Cycle by Monthly Date
- 1st-12th Meters read for previous month’s water usage
- 13th Meter readings are entered into the billing software
- 15th Automatic payments are posted to the account
- 25th Bills Printed and Mailed
- 10th Payments Due
- 11th Late Fees Applied (10% of Water Sales)
- 12th Cutoff Notices Mailed
- 23rd Accounts that are still delinquent are locked ($50.00 fee added)
- Next Board of Director's meeting - Locked accounts not paid are cancelled and meters pulled
To view a complete list of our Billing Policies, please click on the Welcome Document provided below and scroll down to page 4 which contains General Information.
Average Billing Examples
Note: 1/2 of a 1% tax is added and sent to the Commission on Environmental Quality as a requlatory fee for operating expenses.
How To Calculate A Bill
|1. 0-2,000 gallons is included with the monthly minimum||$ 29.20|
|2. Usage between 2,000-15,000 is:$3.00/1,000 (13 x 3.00)||$ 39.00|
|3. Usage between 15,001-30,000 is $4.50/1,000 (15 x 4.50)||$ 67.50|
|4. Usage between 30,001-37,480 is $5.85/1,000 (7.5 x 5.85)||$ 43.88|
If the meter readings show a usage of 37,480 gallons, an example of how the bill would be calculated is as follows: (Please Note-Rates listed below are for example purposes only.)