May 09, 2019
Updated and Revised
Stage 0 Water Conservation Rules and Regulations
The information posted yesterday was inaccurate. During Stage 0, only landscape irrigation is affected. Therefore, you may still use water to clean homes, driveways, and vehicles as long as a water sprayer or other water saving device is used while performing said task. We apologize for any confusion this may cause. The non-essential use prohibitions listed on yesterdays post would apply if we needed to extend our Conservation Measures into further stages due to drought or other emergency conditions. If you have any questions or need further information, please call our office at 830-779-2837. Thank you.
As part of SS Water Supply Corporation’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), we began installing radios in each of your meter boxes in April, that is capable of transmitting water usages in near-real time to our office. This new system has enabled us to better track water usage throughout our system, and will assist staff in detecting leaks on the Members side of the meter. This AMI is also capable of alerting staff whenever Members have spikes in water consumption during a given period.
While there may be legitimate reasons for a noticeable increase in water usage on certain hours and certain days, we’d like to take this opportunity to remind our Membership that the Corporation has adopted a year-round watering schedule, referred to as Stage 0, in the hopes that this conservation measure will ensure adequate water supplies now and into the future. Please adjust your outside irrigation schedules accordingly per the directions described below.
S. S. Water Supply Corporation
Year-round Water Conservation Plan
Watering Schedule Stage 0
Effective immediately until superseded
The purpose of this conservation plan is to minimize water waste, maintain adequate water levels in storage facilities/tanks to handle peak usage hours, reduce discoloration issues, and to ensure adequate water supplies for future generations.
- Landscape Irrigation. The use of hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems shall be limited to:
- Sundays and Thursdays for members with a mailing address ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8).
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for members with a mailing address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9).
- Landscape irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m., 7 days of the week. However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at any time if performed using a hand-held hose.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting and public safety-related activities, or other activities deemed necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare.
The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
- Failure to repair controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period.
Violations and Penalties
First Violation: The member will be given written notice of their specific violation and their need to comply with the Corporation’s rules as set forth in the Tariff. This notice will include a list of penalties to be assessed for continued violations.
Second Violation: The member will be assessed a $50 penalty for this violation.
Third Violation: The member will be assessed a $75 penalty for this violation.
Fourth Violation: The member will be assessed a $100 penalty, and the Corporation will install a water flow restrictor at the member’s meter. The member will also be charged an additional $50 for the installation of this restrictor, plus the cost of the flow restrictor itself.
Fifth and subsequent Violations: The member will be assessed a $125 penalty for the 5th and subsequent violations.
SS Water Supply Corporation